Thursday, May 28, 2009

My First Fashion Show as a Designer

The International Examiner's 35 year anniversary evening of events included a fashion designer competition that I entered. This was my first time showing any of my work as a designer, which I was quite nervous about. There was a panel of 5 judges who made comments about each designer's work after their set was presented. Even though I didn't win the competition, it was an exciting experience to have my creations shown on the runway.

I plan on continuing to sew part-time and entering in more shows in the future. Sewing has been a huge passion of mine for the majority of my life, so it's about time I made a show of it for the world to see!

Lily Jang wearing "kimono fantasy"
Photobucket

Boz wearing "purple passion"
Photobucket

Sandie wearing "bamboo flirt"
Photobucket

Unie wearing "midnight sakura"
Photobucket

Photos by Harry Hu