Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Making of a Couture Gown, part two

A submission form for the International Examiner's InspirAsian fashion designer competition was passed on to me from a friend a while back. Being that I have been sewing again in the recent couple of years, I decided to enter my designs and see what came of it. Much to my suprise, I was admitted into the competition and set to work creating four gowns on top of the other four I already had on hand. I affectionately titled each creation, seen below:

*Green goddess* sketch.
Photobucket

Drapings.
Photobucket

Completely hand sewn from straps to hemline.
Photobucket

Back straps.
Photobucket


*Kimono fantasy* sketch.
Photobucket

Fabric layout.
Photobucket

Also hand sewn.
Photobucket

Cuts of cloth for the obi.
Photobucket

*Midnight sakura* blossoms pinned.
Photobucket

Bracelet accessory paired with gown.
Photobucket

*Crimson beauty* cutting fabric.
Photobucket

Contrasting strap pinnings.
Photobucket

Making four dresses in two weeks definitely made my life interesting!