Monday, October 13, 2008

Luly Yang Couture Runway Show 20/20

The most anticipated fashion show of the year finally arrived this past Friday evening. I made sure to get plenty of rest the night before, as I had a long day of shooting ahead of me.

The afternoon started with hair and make-up by the Gene Juarez artistic team for clients and models. There was a bit of backstage frenzy with the eyeshadow layering, lashes coated with mascara, and hair being teased and doused with hairspray. But I happen to love the sheer madness of it all!

The lovely Luly and Gene Juarez himself arrived to oversee the chaos. She with her tiny frame heightened in a pair of 5-inch platforms, and he with his genial smile and hearty handshake. And as the guests started to arrive, my heart beat just a little bit faster for the anticipation of the pending runway bliss.

As the show began, the room darkened and the spotlights shone bright. My heart was pounding with the beat of the music, which aligned perfectly to each step of the models' feet. It was brilliant, with each click of my shutter, every high-heeled couture step of the way.

Photobucket

Finale piece, worn by my favorite model, Heather.
Photobucket